The 2021 Year in Review takes a closer look at the profession’s achievements and growth in 2021. It celebrates a year where despite COVID-19, members connected more deeply and delivered for their clients and communities. As always, we thank our wonderful volunteers for their continued support.
Our shared history, unique skillsets, the strength of our community and a heavy investment in strategic planning sets us up for a growth-filled 2022.
Download the 2021 Year in Review
Here are just a few highlights from the 2021 Year in Review:
- Modernised and strengthened our education model: the in-house education team have now developed 12 new subjects. Strong pass rates have been achieved while maintaining standards reflecting the dedication of our students , the education teams efforts and the work of more than 100 volunteers.
- An events program that’s reaching new audiences: In 2021 our events team delivered 28 virtual insights and 12 free Young Actuary events. Find out how our online 2021 All-Actuaries Summit attracted nearly 700 attendees.
- See the data grow: The Year in Review highlights how we wove a data focus across the organisation – from events, education, through Actuaries Digital and our Data Analytics Newsletter.
- Towards a more diverse profession: Our 2021 diversity survey helped us lay the groundwork.
- Public policy continues to elevate brand actuary: Our public policy work doesn’t just contribute to society – it underpins the strength of our brand. This year’s policy outputs included the climate change and intergenerational indices, a Mathematics Public Policy Statement, two governance dialogues, an aged care green paper, an updated retirement incomes policy statement and 16 new submissions.